This three ingredient cranberry bourbon cocktail is fizzy, refreshing, and perfect for the holidays!
I couldn’t resist making my own cranberry sauce, or, for that matter, spiking it with cinnamon and freshly grated ginger. But any cranberry sauce will work well here, homemade or (gasp!) the store-bought kind. Just combine it in a glass with the bourbon and stir until smooth. Then add lots of ice and top it off with ginger ale, or ginger beer for a sharper kick.
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce (homemade (see below) or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Ginger ale or ginger beer
- Fresh orange slice (optional)
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries (1/2 bag)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a cocktail glass, stir together the cranberry sauce and bourbon until well combined. Fill the glass with ice and top with ginger ale. Garnish with an orange slice, if desired.
- To make the (optional) homemade cranberry sauce, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, ginger, and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberries have popped and the mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. (The sauce will thicken more as it cools.)