I like to cook a big batch of quinoa on Sundays and then stash it in the fridge to use throughout the week. For breakfast, I stir it into yogurt in place of granola or cereal, or I use it to make smoothies, like this. ↓↓↓
I’m feeling a little more glorious already.
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup cooked and cooled Village Harvest Quinoa
- Pinch each of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4-5 large ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 teaspoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Combine the banana, carrots, pineapple, quinoa, spices, almond milk, and ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with the coconut, raisins, and walnuts.
- I had a bit of trouble calculating the nutrition information for this recipe, because the tool I use doesn't recognize unsweetened almond milk. But I did the math myself, and this smoothie has about 305 calories.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.