Gluten-free chocolate orange ricotta mousse with less than 300 calories. Pull up a spoon!
- 2 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the ricotta, confectioners' sugar, orange zest, and orange juice in a food processor and process for 1 full minute. Taste, and if it's still a bit grainy, process for another minute. Add the melted chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and vanilla and process until blended. Divide between five serving cups and chill until ready to serve.
- I tested this recipe with a couple of different brands of ricotta and found that I got the smoothest results with Polly-O.