This gluten-free, vegan strawberry smoothie gets an unexpected burst of flavor from fresh basil.
I hope your week is off to a great start! We had a wonderful Father’s Day, but Owen was pretty exhausted by the end and had an epic meltdown before bed. So as I write this…my brain is pretty fried. Sorry for the short post! Maybe I need a few of these healthy, vegan, gluten-free smoothies to get back in my groove.
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 small or 1/2 large banana, peeled, frozen, and cut into chunks
- 5 or 6 large basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon and dash of vanilla (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4-5 large ice cubes
- Gluten-free granola, for serving (optional)
- Combine the strawberries, banana, basil, chia seeds, cinnamon and vanilla (if using), almond milk, and ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with granola (if using).