A chilly fall morning calls for a hearty, wholesome breakfast–like this easy pumpkin granola bursting with crunchy pecans, chewy dried cranberries, and warm spices!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats make sure they are gluten-free
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup pepitas raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup oil vegetable, canola, coconut, or olive will all work
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, pecans, pepitas, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the oats and toss until well combined. In the same small bowl, whisk the egg white with a fork until very frothy. Pour over the oats and stir until well combined.
Spread the oat mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake stirring occasionally, until the granola is golden brown and very fragrant, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool the granola completely on the baking sheet, then stir in the cranberries. Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, substitute a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and a tiny pinch of cloves.