Green goddess dressing is the perfect way to punch up ordinary egg salad!
Hi you guys! How was your 4th of July? We celebrated with lots of friends and family and LOTS of chocolate. Seriously. My sister-in-law and I miss communicated about dessert one night, and I made chocolate-covered strawberries and she brought a giant platter of chocolate-covered pretzels, Oreos, graham crackers, and marshmallows. It was rough let me tell you, but I stepped up the plate 😉
On Sunday we went to the lake with some friends, and I baked a big cake and brought tons of yummy things for all the kids to decorate it with. It was a great activity for after swimming, plus it was delicious. I used the recipe for the fluffy yellow sheet cake from One Bowl Baking, if you’re curious!
I don’t know about you, but after the holiday weekened I’m a wee bit sugared out and looking forward to a healthy eating week 🙂
I made this green goddess egg salad recently for Alex and snapped a few quick photos. I was on the fence about posting it because…green egg salad isn’t exactly the most gorgeous thing to behold. But in the end we both enjoyed it so much that I decided to share. (Sometimes the most frustrating thing about food blogging is that the photos are just as important as the recipe. I was so happy with this recipe and so unhappy with the shots, I was practically tearing my hair out.)
You will just have to take my word for it that this egg salad is utterly delicious, and quite possibly the best version you will ever have 🙂
I love love love green goddess dressing, do you? Every time I make it I think, why do other salad dressings even bother to exist? It’s perfectly creamy, savory, and tangy, with loads of fresh herb flavor. And speaking of those herbs, you can really use whatever you have on hand. This time I made it with chives, parsley, and dill, but tarragon and basil would also be yummy! You can’t go wrong.
I like my egg salad served in a simple sandwich on whole grain bread. Alex likes it scooped on top of a bagel with slices of fresh tomato. Really, you can’t go wrong.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Pinch of kosher salt (to taste)
- Combine the mayonnaise, parsley, dill, chives, lemon juice, anchovy paste, and pepper in a mini- or regular food processor and process until well blended.
- Combine the eggs and celery in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and Stir gently just until combined. Taste and season with salt, if needed.