These everything bagel cucumber bites with smoked salmon will satisfy your biggest, doughiest bagel craving–without all the calories and carbs.
I can’t get enough. And while Owen’s palate hasn’t quite reached the level of sophistication required for things like dill or smoked salmon, at the moment I’m feeling very optimistic that he’ll get there 🙂
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened slightly at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large English cucumbers
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- Fresh dill
- Combine the cream cheese, dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of milk and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. If the mixture is too stiff, add the remaining tablespoon of milk.
- Slice the cucumbers crosswise into rounds. Spread each cucumber slice with some of the cream cheese mixture. Top with a small piece of smoked salmon and sprinkle with the capers and dill.