These easy no-bake s’mores are like a cross between cookie dough, fudge, and everyone’s favorite campfire dessert!
I’m usually like the last person on the planet to get excited about a no-bake dessert. I love to bake! What’s so hard about turning on the oven? I actually find the process of making cakes, cookies, and pies relaxing. Before I had Owen, I would often come home from work, pour myself a glass of wine, and bake brownies as a way to unwind.
But today I’m really, really excited to share this recipe. Imagine fudge crossed with cookie dough crossed with s’mores. Got that?
Lately I’ve been thinking I need to start a social calendar. Not that we’re jet setters or anything (far from it) but it’s hard to remember all the play dates, birthday parties, and dinners we have planned. I scrolled through my iPhone this morning and realized that every weekend in June is already booked up. I think I need an actual, old-school paper calendar on our fridge to keep track of it all.
Of course, since summer is right around the corner, lots of the events are potlucks and barbecues. These easy no-bake s’mores bars are the perfect thing to take along, and they are major crowd pleasers with adults and kids alike. I mean, who could resist the graham cracker cookie dough base, the loads of chocolate chips, or the gooey marshmallows?
This recipe is one I barely adapted from the Food Network Magazine. I used whole wheat flour (to squeeze in a little nutrition) and also added some flaky sea salt and extra chocolate chips and marshmallows on top. I cut the bars big to take these photos, but I would actually recommend serving them in very small squares–they are super rich!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as fleur de sel) or 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with foil or parchment so it extends up the sides and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a handheld mixer) beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and salt. Beat in the condensed milk. With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and use a spatula to press into an even layer. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 11/2 cup marshmallows, pressing gently to adhere. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Use the foil to lift the bars out of the pan in one piece. Cut into small, bite-sized squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.