These easy, one-bowl peanut butter bars are loaded with chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips, and topped with Hershey’s Kisses!
Classic peanut butter blossom cookies are rather small, maybe three- or four-bite affairs. I kept these bars small too, in order to preserve the traditional peanut-butter-to-Kiss ratio. Plus, then you can eat two of them. Or three. Preferably with a tall glass of ice cold chocolate milk, because… I’m a mom now and that’s how I roll these days.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 16 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 8x8-inch square baking pan with foil and line the bottom with parchment. Spray the sides of the pan with nonstick spray. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the peanut butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the vanilla. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and beat just until combined. Stir in the peanuts and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until just set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool the bars for 5 minutes. Press the Hershey's Kisses into the surface of the bars, spacing them evenly, in 4 rows of 4. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator and cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the Kisses are set. Cut the bars into squares. Bars will keep, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to 3 days.