This gluten-free, vegan almond peach green smoothie is a delicious way to pack more healthy fruits and veggies into your breakfast!
When I was in first or second grade, my teacher read us James and the Giant Peach. I remember so vividly the part were James crawls through a tunnel in the peach, taking delicious, juicy bites as he goes. It sounded pretty good to me at the time–and all these years later it still does!
Peaches have always been one of my favorite fruits. When I was growing up, in the summertime, my mom used to dice a ripe peach into my bowl of Cheerios every morning. I loved the combination of tart peach, cold milk, and crunchy cereal.
Those are sort of the flavors I was going for with this smoothie made with almond milk, oats, and almond butter and topped with a sprinkle of granola.
A handful of fresh spinach gives this smoothie an extra boost of nutrition, but you won’t really notice it. Instead, this smoothie tastes like pure summer in a glass. I mean seriously, give me this smoothie plus a cold brew iced coffee and I am set for the morning. The almond butter and oats pack plenty of fiber and protein, so it keeps me full until lunch. Plus, the granola and diced peach on top make it feel a bit more substantial.
Would you believe this smoothie is also gluten-free and vegan? Cheers to that! I hope your week is off to a healthy start.
- 2/3 cup chopped frozen peaches
- 1/2 large banana, peeled, frozen, and cut into chunks
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw gluten-free oats
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 4-5 large ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Diced peaches and gluten-free granola for topping (optional)
- Combine the peaches, banana, spinach, almond milk, oats, almond butter, and ice in a blender (add the vanilla and cinnamon if using) and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with peaches and granola, if desired.